Saturday, September 6, 2008

Just Remember "Peg Leg"

It's a good thing I like to exercise because I'm getting my fair share of it at the moment. No, I'm not trying out a new fitness routine. . . I'm chasing after my eight-month-old. That's right, Oliver is crawling! And, he is on the move! Places to explore. Things to get in to. He started to crawl while we were at my sister's house a couple of weeks ago. It's actually quite a cute sight. He can crawl normal, but he prefers the peg leg method. Hence his new nickname, "Peg Leg" Spencer! I'm sure you can picture it . . . crawling around in normal form except for that one crazy, stiff, straight-as-a-board, left leg. It's amusing. His new ability to get around may keep us on our feet, but it's worth it. It's fulfilling to watch him as he figures out the world around him. He's inquisitive, excited, and busy. He literally can't sit still any longer.

That makes me think. . . shouldn't our lives be like that as Christians?! On the move. People to see. A difference to make. We should be busy and excited and desperate to share Jesus with the world around us. It doesn't matter if we have limitations; we can still accomplish great things for Him. Doubt that thought? Just remember "Peg Leg" Spencer. All we need is one good "leg" to stand on. . . one "dream", one "talent", one "desire", one "purpose", one " ___"(you fill in the blank). Just imagine what would happen if we, as Christians, couldn't sit still any longer either!!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great post! I love your great and challenging thoughts; I can always use them.

Unknown said...

Makes me want to get out and see who God is going to connect me with next!

Great post! You're such an inspiration!!!

I LOVE YOU!

The First Lady said...

Ahh...little peg leg. What a cutie! Great motivation! What could we, as christians, do if we didn't use our "bum leg" as an excuse! It's awesome to think about!

realitymomma said...

you would think that with my three kids i would be skinny!

thanks for the different perspectives you give.....

Happy Mama said...

Cute story- he is getting around well it sounds like. I love how everything that happens to you is connected to your spirituality. I love that about you! :)