Friday, April 11, 2008

Crazy Wasp Syndrome

Okay, I've spent most of the day today being held captive in my own home. Afraid to enter various rooms. Worried about Oliver being attacked. Anxious. Nervous. Looking over my shoulder. Basically, just "bugged" out. I'm sure you are wondering what has ruthlessly held me prisoner today. . . a WASP!! A mean, angry, flying like a maniac, never landing, wasp! I have been creeping around, armed with my sturdy flyswatter, just waiting for him to land. Like so many things, it got me thinking. Does God sometimes have a hard time getting me to "land"? Do I fly about my day in a frenzy forgetting to be still before Him? I have a feeling I'm a lot more like that crazy wasp than I'd like to admit. Chasing him around today made me realize an important fact. I need to spend less time bouncing off the walls of busyness and more time landing in the presence of my Savior. How about you? Anyone else struggle with "crazy wasp syndrome" from time to time?

In case you're wondering. . . I haven't caught the wasp yet. He is, however, skillfully trapped behind the blinds in my living room window waiting for Jarrod to come home!

2 comments:

Brad and Amy said...

Wow! I'm so proud of you - how do you find the time to blog? Today is the first chance that I have had to check it out and you sent me the link days ago. Looks great! I'm excited about the possibility of keeping up with you better through this.
-Amy

Aubrey said...

I've been wanting to get it going for a while now. I think it will be a fun way to keep up with people and do some writing at the same time. I know you don't have time to blog but I'd want to read yours if you did!!!!