Friday, July 4, 2008

Growing, Growing, Growing

I know it's been a long time! I haven't dropped off the planet . . . I've just been in Kansas!! We went on vacation for a couple of weeks. Family reunion first. Then to my parents' house. It was such a fun trip. I'm sad it's over! Never seems like time with family is long enough. These last few weeks have been packed with so much stuff. Lots of activities. Lots of fun. Lots of changes in Oliver. Who knows, I might just be able to blog for a week straight!! (Don't hold your breath though!)
Today, Oliver is 6 months old! So hard to believe. He can now sit on his own. He just got his first tooth. (And, I hate to break it to him, but it looks like another one is about to make a grand entrance in the near future!) He reaches out to be picked up. He gives kisses. Wet, slobbery, nothing-could-be-better, kisses. He laughs a lot. And, boy does he jabber!! He is getting so big.
It makes me wonder if God watches our growth with the same sense of pride? "Oh look, she's getting some patience." "Watch how she is walking in MY footsteps today." "Did you see her hold her tongue in that situation? What a mature girl she's becoming." I don't know if He reacts like we do as we watch our little ones grow and mature, but I imagine it that way, and it makes me want to continue to grow in my walk with Him. It makes me want to live in a way that makes Him proud to show off my progress as a child of His!

6 comments:

Brad and Amy said...

I wondered where you had been. I can't believe Oliver is already 6 months old. Doesn't it just fly by? I'm glad that you had a good visit with your family. Brad, the girls and I are leaving next Friday to go to Colorado for a week (it's our timeshare year). When are you coming to Texas???? Miss you!

The First Lady said...

Great post! Really enjoyed the comparison! Glad your back.

Unknown said...

It sometimes still seems surreal to think of having a son...even after 6 months!

You are so talented at bringing in everyday situations and comparing them with our relationship with God.

Oliver is more than a blessing!!! And, he's got the best mommy!

I love being married to you!

Happy Mama said...

That is what I love about being a mom- you can't help but understand how God feels about us and it does make you want a closer relationship with Him. Great post! 6 months is a great age- enjoy every second while you can hold him captive- mobility is a whole new chapter! :)

SS said...

That is such an awesome way to look at things; I've never thought about it like that. Thank you for such wonderful insight.

Darrell said...

Very thoughtful insight! Loved having you, Jarrod & Oliver here. Miss you all bunches!
Aloha,
Dad